TLV Global launchpad’s “Going Global” Program is a one-month program designed to immerse startups and entrepreneurs into the Israeli ecosystem and enjoy the vast connections and “Know How” of STARTAU and our community.
Name of Accelerator: TLV Global Launchpad
Location: Tel Aviv, Israel
Sales and Marketing Manager StarTAU: Yaniv Berkowitz
This article is part of our Startup Accelerator Spotlight Series featuring accelerators from around the world. We hope these spotlights will assist the entrepreneur should they consider attending an accelerator program.
In two sentences or less, tell us about your accelerator and its objectives.
The “Going Global” Program is a one-month program designed to immerse startups and entrepreneurs into the Israeli ecosystem and enjoy the vast connections and “Know How” of STARTAU and our community.
In search of an accelerator? Try TurboFunder’s Find My Accelerator search tool!
Why is your accelerator program unique? Please describe the benefits of participation in your program.
This unique program was specially designed for international entrepreneurs to experience and integrate the “Startup nation” entrepreneurial mindset. During the program, entrepreneurs will work with Israeli top-entrepreneurs, visit top accelerators, meet with potential investors, and exhibit their Startup in Israel’s biggest innovation event (TAU-Innovation) and more.
Key Components of the TLV Global Launchpad Program:
- A Going Global mindset
- A fertile ground for business opportunities through events and competitions
- Building a company culture and team building
- Selling and sell execution in the global level
- Fundraising in post-seed stages
What is the most difficult part of working with startups?
As Israel’s biggest entrepreneurship center, we do not take part in only specific verticals but rather help entrepreneurs/startups from all the entrepreneurial spectrum. The biggest challenge in such programs is that each startup requires “tailor-made” assistance and guidance due to the variety of the startups. We work hard and exploit our big community of over 20,000 investors, entrepreneurs and key players in the industry to provide each startup with the tools and mentoring each one needs.
What do you enjoy the most; what do you find most appealing about working with entrepreneurial startups?
Because of the variety, we have the privilege to interact with innovative ideas that could essentially change the world and the fact that we took part in helping such startups achieve that goal is our greatest satisfaction. Other than that, the open-mindedness and entrepreneurial mindset is what makes this program a great and fun program along with being a successful one.
What are the three most important factors startup entrepreneurs should consider when contemplating attending an accelerator?
- Who is the accelerator? In Israel, there are approximately 97 accelerators. When choosing one, it is important to examine the accelerator, determine the level of experience and the connections that you can get from the program.
- What are the unique values of the accelerator? Each accelerator has strong/weak points. Entrepreneurs need to consider whether the strong points of the accelerator are relevant to them at that stage and try to understand what are the possible weak points not stated by the accelerator.
- Can I enjoy it? It sounds funny, but a major part of success on accelerator programs is the atmosphere. If you feel you’re getting the right tools and enjoying yourself, the productivity of your team will grow exponentially.
What else would you like to share?
TLV Global Launchpad invites all entrepreneurs from all round the world to come and experience the unique ecosystem that gave Israel the title of “Startup Nation”. The application deadline is January 19th and the program start date is April 9th with up to 10 teams in this cohort.
Are you familiar with other accelerators you believe should be spotlighted? If so, we would like to hear from you. Tell us about them, sharing your comments below!